Friday, December 15, 2017

Veneers Make For A Lovely Smile

I am in a high-profile job and face the media on a regular basis. The one thing I shy away from when interacting with them is – Smiling. It’s not that I am rude or unfriendly; it’s just that my teeth look discolored and have unsightly spaces between them.


I was looking for a dental treatment that will give me a nice smile, but without looking fake or otherwise incongruous. I had heard about custom porcelain veneers but the tall claims of dazzling white and perfect smiles were actually holding me back. What I wanted was something that would look pleasing, natural and suitable on my face.

Finally I visited Smile For Me, a popular family dentistry in Howell, NJ, to check out the options. The friendly and courteous Dr. Jaber examined my teeth before pronouncing that the staining on my teeth was intrinsic and cannot be completely corrected with whitening. She suggested thin shells of porcelain veneers saying that they would cover the front of the teeth and thus correct the minor misalignment and gaps.

Noting my hesitance, the good doctor assured me that the shade and shape can be customized to suit my complexion, hair and even my personality. She showed me some before and after pictures of her work before showing me how the porcelain veneers would look on my face.

I decided to take the plunge and in hindsight, I am happy that it was the right decision overall. All it took was two sittings while the doctor took impressions of my teeth, trimmed the enamel a bit and then cemented the veneers on my teeth.

My smile looks pleasant now and I don’t hesitate to flash a charming one anymore. People are still wondering how I suddenly seem to appear more friendly and approachable!

0 comments:

Post a Comment