Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Why Dental Crowns Need A Temporary One First?

Two of my teeth were badly broken in an accident. A few adjoining ones had become weak too. After recovering from the accident, I visited my regular dentist at Smile For Me in Howell. The good Dr. Jaber took a careful look at my teeth and advised me to go for dental crowns.


She explained that the crown would be like a cap that would cover the broken teeth so that they became stronger and looked normal too. I was more or less expecting something like this and she went on to give details about what the treatment involved. We decided to go for porcelain crowns that would match the shade of my regular teeth. She told me that she would take a few x-rays before filing and shaping the teeth to receive the crown.

I was fine with this, but baulked a bit when she said I would get a temporary crown at the first sitting and the permanent one would be fixed a few weeks later. I wasn’t happy with the multiple treatments on my teeth and insisted that she directly cement the final crown when it was ready.










Dr. Jaber patiently explained that the outer portion of the teeth had to be removed to make space for the crown. This would ensure a proper fit and will not affect my bite either. She further elaborated that the prepared teeth are sensitive and can get damaged easily. The temporary fix of acrylic crowns will protect them in the interim. In fact, she said the temporary crowns needed additional care of avoiding hard, sticky or chewy food and careful flossing to avoid dislodging or breakage.

I was satisfied and went ahead with the dental cosmetics treatment. The permanent crowns were ready in two weeks as promised and the results look amazingly natural.
Location: New Jersey, USA

0 comments:

Post a Comment